Telmarc a technology investment and management company. Over the course of years since its founding in 1984 it has focused on Telecommunications, Enterprise Systems and Software, and Medical Management Systems. Telmarc has been directly involved in the development of over three dozen companies over the past thirty years and has raised several hundred million dollars in the process. Telmarc has also been successful at several IPOs during this period as well as having successfully sold many of its companies.
Telmarc has also provided strategic advisory services to companies which have been in the development of new services in telecommunications and Health Care. Telmarc has also advised companies in assessing strategic decisions to enter new business and service opportunities.
Telmarc has also been involved in certain litigation support assisting on patent litigation and in assisting and testifying as experts and trials for damages and losses in corporate litigation.
Telmarc Focuses its Advisory Services On:
1. Telecommunications: Broadband, IP and Wireless. Telmarc Principals have an exceptionally broad base of hands on experience in these areas.
2. Software: Enterprise Systems and Solutions
3. Medical Systems and Services: Telmarc has over twenty-five years experience in a broad base of Medical Systems and Services development. Particular emphasis has been in the areas of Practice and Clinical Management and Medical Imaging.
4. Litigation Support: We have recently supported damages claims on several cases.
5. Genomics as applied to Pathway Identification and Control: We believe that this can become an expansive and interesting area and we have been extensively investing in time and resources to understand it and seek out opportunities.
Recent focus has been on the development of Fiber to the Home and wireless communications systems and services, advanced medical imaging, wireless grids and mesh systems and services, and advanced satellite system technologies. Telmarc has financed and supported the development of wireless mesh companies assessing how best to combine fiber and wireless for broadband coverage. We successfully assisted a recent winner of Federal NTIA and RUS grants in excess of $200 million (2010). We have also begun looking at international fiber deployment again in view of the expanding use of video. We have been focusing on assisting several non-profit institutions, on a pro bono basis, in their deployment of telepresence type systems. We have specifically been looking at video applications such as telepresence since we see video growth dominating Internet traffic.
We have begun to expand out into the field of genomics looking at plant color and cancer pathway modeling. We have been investing in the research and development of various models in the areas of genetic pathway control and have been exploring potential investment opportunities in these areas. Specifically we have been working with Dr. McGarty's relationships at MIT and the Harvard Medical School Hospitals and labs. We believe that there are significant opportunities in the field of identifying cancer pathways specifically as regards to the staging and classification of various cancers. We will be more intensely focusing on this area in the future. We have been focusing on various pathways from anthocyanin secondary pathways in flowers to cell growth pathways in cancer cells. We believe that there is a significant set of opportunities in these areas ranging from manipulating the pathways to down regulating them..